Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Jan 12, 2008 2:20 am - Voted 10/10

Quite inspirational...

...and when is summer, anyway—I'm ready already! I hope to do Jackson this year, and Tim Sharp and I are having serious discussions concerning having a go at Walton and Blackfoot....

Very nice page (and good writing, too)!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jan 12, 2008 10:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Quite inspirational...

Thanks, Vernon. It just so happens that I have been thinking of a Jackson climb this summer, too. I will be out in July and will be in Glacier for a bit before heading to Mike Hoyt's for several days, where I hope I'll be seeing you and Tim and Fred.

For Jackson, I'm considering trying to get a permit to camp two nights at Gunsight Lake. The only days I'd be able to do it would be July 7 and 8, a Monday and Tuesday. If you guys were in any way able to do Jackson on that Tuesday, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I'll be alone, and I'm having doubts about whether I should be going alone so far from help on what the Edwards guide tells me will be Class 4 rock and probably some steep, hard snow. Class 4 in Glacier is no joke, as I learned on Clements.

So I know you guys have jobs, but if you can get away those days, I'd just love it.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Jackson Glacier to Point 7853' main page