JHCOB (Jesus H.Christ On A Bicycle) Wall Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
SawtoothSean

SawtoothSean - Jul 15, 2014 3:11 pm Date Climbed: Jul 3, 2014

Outside Corner  Sucess!

Easy approach and fun exposed climbing on a steep arete- tons of fun!

seanpeckham

seanpeckham - Jul 26, 2008 1:38 am Date Climbed: Jul 25, 2008

followed Outside Corner  Sucess!

Am I the only one vain enough, and desperate enough, to like to see Wasatch technical routes in my climbers log section? Surely other SPers have climbed here. I followed Outside Corner in 4 pitches. Not being very skilled or experienced at technical climbing, I can list some superlatives about this climb. It is my longest tech climb to date. It is the hardest 5.7 I've climbed, and the one I've fallen the most on. I'm not sure how much of that is due to the difficulty and how much due to being tired from the length; after all, I didn't fall on the first pitch. One fall on pitch 4, where it veers right, sent me in a pendulum off-route to the left, but it wasn't too hard to traverse back. Unfortunately, I didn't know at the time that it was part of Jesus H. Christ on a Bicycle Wall, so the specifics of my cursing were not appropriate to the setting. That said, I had a blast. My favorite parts were the whole first pitch, and the double crack on pitch 4. There were several other really fun parts. I'm just not too great at roofy parts.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'JHCOB (Jesus H.Christ On A Bicycle) Wall' main page