Welcome to SP!  -

John Muir Wilderness Additions and Corrections

[ Post an Addition or Correction ]
Viewing: 1-2 of 2    

AskaRanger2012 update

Hasn't voted

Mt Whitney Zone:
Mt Whitney Zone Day Use permit is required for all routes, includes the North Fork of Lone Pine Creek.

Contact Information:
Mt Whitney Ranger Station in Lone Pine does not issue permits or sell maps, all services for visitors were moved to the Eastern Sierra InterAgency Visitor Center south of town.

On the north end of Inyo National Forest, wilderness permits are issued (and visitor services like bear can rental and maps)are at:
Mono Basin Scenic Area Visitor Center
North of Lee Vining, East side of Hwy 395, overlooking Mono Lake.
(760) 647-3044
Closed in winter.

Wilderness Permit Office for Inyo National Forest
Reservations are made online, no more mail or fax.
Talk to a person: (760) 873-2483
Recorded Wilderness Information: (760) 873-2485
Posted Sep 9, 2012 1:17 pm

Bob BurdBighorn Sheep Zone

Bob Burd

Voted 10/10

The Bighorn Sheep Zone restrictions have been removed as of 2011.
Posted Sep 21, 2012 12:57 am

Viewing: 1-2 of 2    
[ Return to 'John Muir Wilderness' main page ]