Kamesnica Comments

mihaljevicdavorplocnUntitled Comment

mihaljevicdavorplocn

Nice start zoro¨!
Posted Feb 22, 2004 7:34 am

ArbajramUntitled Comment

Arbajram

Nice shots. I hope you'll improve the page with some descriptions ...
Posted Feb 23, 2004 1:21 am

pavlakovicsUntitled Comment

pavlakovics

Welcome!

I hope it's only beginning for Kamesnica, look at Velebit's works for example how to cover a mountain! Good luck!

Sven
Posted Feb 23, 2004 12:23 pm

matiasUntitled Comment

matias

Would love to know more about this mountain. Looks beautiful! Where is it?
Posted Feb 24, 2004 11:10 am

pavlakovicsUntitled Comment

pavlakovics

Kamesnica is on border between Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia, it is part of mountain range which includes Dinara and Troglav (order is Dinara - Troglav - Kamesnica, those mountains also have pages on SummitPost, please look for more information). It could be accessed from B-H side (near Livno) or from Croatian side (near Sinj). As far as I know, Kamesnica is free from mine fields and other remains of war.

There is mountain hut on Croatian side (Donja Korita, 670 m) but I do not know its condition. I don't know anything about B-H side.

At the moment I do not have personal experience on this mountain, but could get some this year...

Perhaps you could ask valued SP member Velebit if he has more information?

Good luck and (hopefully) welcome into Croatian mountains,

Sven
Posted Feb 24, 2004 11:43 am

matiasUntitled Comment

matias

Thanks very much Sven.

And thanks for the Dobro Dosli!, I thought the mountain was in BiH... Nonetheless I love your mountains, but they're second to the ones we have here in BiH...
Posted Feb 24, 2004 5:16 pm

pavlakovicsUntitled Comment

pavlakovics

The truth is, greater part of mountain is in BiH, including highest peaks (Troglav has similar situation, while Dinara belongs mostly to Croatia). Nevertheless, ascent is possible from Croatian side.

Comparing BiH and Croatian mountains, there are many similarities (after all, it all belongs to Dinaric range). BiH doesn't have great coastal mountains such as Velebit or Biokovo, but has instead jewels such as Cvrsnica or Prenj. And for you and me it is all close, so we can visit them all!

Posted Feb 25, 2004 3:43 am

matiasUntitled Comment

matias

Very true! :-)

M

Posted Feb 25, 2004 4:13 am

nonnaUntitled Comment

nonna

I hope more info to come, anyway I feel the atmosphere and wish to visit Kamesnica
Posted Mar 17, 2004 3:30 am

tocRejuvenescence needed

toc

...this mountain object has some gorgeous photos.
But only 7 sentences of text on the main page...
Posted Feb 4, 2007 4:36 pm