Kleine Scheidegg

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.60021°N / 7.94953°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Kleine Scheidegg & EigerKleine Scheidegg

This is the shortest route to Tschuggen and the most frequented. A very good option is continuing after the summit to Männlichen using the cable way to descent to Wengen or Grindelwald.

Time: 2h
Slope: 420m

Getting There

Lauberhorn and TschuggenView from K.Scheidegg

Options:
-Walk up from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg (3h50min)
-Walk up from Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg (2h45min)
-The train: you take the train in the station of the middle of Grindelwald. The train go to Kleine Scheidegg but as well, if you want, you can follow to next station Eigerglettcher. From here you need payment to follow across the Eiger to Junfraujoch. See Jaunfaubahn for more information

Route Description

Klein TschuggenEast ramp

The shortest access to Tschuggen is taking the track from Kleine Scheidegg (2061m) to Männlichen in N.W. of the col. The track goes under Lauberhorn to reach a large curve to arrive to Honegg (2170m) a small col. This is the best place to turn to the East face of our peak (left side). Out of path we'll search the best places in the wide ramp to walk. Generally in the first section we'll have the reference of some towers of ski-lift to the pre-summit called litle Tschuggen, really a small rocky formation, without aspect of summit. The last part has a very hard slope, it's very pronounced, but generally we'll see a path in right side near of the bottom of the conic top. After this hard ramp we'll reach the summit, an impressive place with amazing views.

In the return we can climb Lauberhorn, using the description of route from Männlichen of this peak.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe early on the season if the east face has snow.

External Links

Junfraubahn-hiking short description of hikes from K.Scheidegg. Interesting map.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TschuggenRoutes