Koskulak Comments

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Corax

Corax - Nov 21, 2007 11:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good !

Thanks!
I hope to add a lot of new stuff in the next couple of weeks. A good thing to do when having a break from the climbing.

Damien Gildea

Damien Gildea - Nov 21, 2007 8:43 am - Voted 9/10

Excellent

Great job ! Lots of good access info. Have you been to the area ;-)

Shame no summit pics though :-) Topo of route-line from BC ?

Some shots of an SUV, a road-sign and a friend's cat would also help, it seems.

D

Corax

Corax - Nov 21, 2007 11:52 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent

I'll soon add some more stuff on the route page. Last night the connection decided to half give up, but it seems like (touch wood) I'm in a good internet cafe now, just next door to the Kirey Hotel btw.
I can add some photos from restaurants & cafes in Kashgar. Will that do instead of photos of my favorite pets?
:-)

BigLee

BigLee - Nov 25, 2007 12:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Excellent

I have some nice roadworks photos in the immediate area if that is any help! As for pets, the closest I can offer are some great market photos of a roasted dog and some sheeps heads if you can make a space for them somewhere at the top of the page. I also have lots of donkey photos.

Corax

Corax - Nov 25, 2007 5:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent

Sorry but the places close to the top of the page is reserved for some other photos I'll post soon. Some are from John's Cafe (including one with banana pancakes!), one is of a Landcruiser which had an unusual color, which makes it SOOO interesting. I think I even have some from the faaaantaaastic market, so don't bother taking time looking for your shots from there. The pet section of the page is not full yet though. The closest I got was the shot of the sheep.

alex_vega

alex_vega - Nov 27, 2007 1:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Another...

...your great page. Nice job. A lot of informations and gooood photos.

Cheers, Alex

Corax

Corax - Nov 28, 2007 1:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Another...

Thanks Alex.
Appreciate your comments.

Michael Robert - Oct 26, 2009 2:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Good job!

The page is graet! We climbed K. in August 2009, your information helped us a lot! The place for the basecamp: excellent...
For some pics of our trip chek this out (in german): www.muztaghata2009.de

Cheers

Corax

Corax - Nov 8, 2009 7:21 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job!

Thanks Michael. Yes, that BC spot is so beautiful + green grass and running water. I felt it was plain stupid to camp on rock, basically on the glaciers and on top of that only have silty water.

dmiki

dmiki - Jan 22, 2011 3:25 pm - Voted 10/10

remarkable climbing history

Has activity picked up since 2005? Do you have any info on attempts/successful summits per year?

Corax

Corax - Jan 22, 2011 3:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: remarkable climbing history

I know the activity has picked up and there's at least one expedition a year now from what I know. I have no info on how many summits the peak have now or how many a year. The person to ask is probably Kong, an organizer in Kashi. I sent you a PM with his mail address if you want to contact him.

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Koskulak' main page