Kurt

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 30, 2013
Activities Activities: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer

Cloud Peak Scramble

Just wanted to update the Cloud Peak standard route information for 2013. I hiked the route on July 30, 2013. The route is in great shape and most of the snow this year is gone. There are only a couple of places you find snow on the route and they are easily bypassed. The problem this year is that somebody has gone by and destroyed almost all of the cairns on the route. There are many places you are left wondering which way to go. It will take some extra time especially on some of the lower sections to find the route to the top. My opinion is to stay farther to left after the big cirque. It is a bit loner but the scrambling is much easier with several trails taking you almost to the summit. We did the rock piles going up and it took much longer. From the top you can see a more obvious and easier route to the right side as you are going down. It is a long hike. Bring plenty of water. There are several spots you can filter from the Paint Rock Creek if you have a pump. Otherwise the hike is in great shape..

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Cloud PeakTrip Reports