la Chandelle Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
mpbro

mpbro - Apr 18, 2002 10:55 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work! Just a couple suggestions:



1) Make your HTML links clickable. Check out the SP FAQ page, Question 8.

2) What is the latitude/longitude of this peak?

D Smith

D Smith - Apr 18, 2002 1:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

1 Comment:

Could use some links to the huts you mention in the "Camping" section.

ben jammin

ben jammin - Apr 19, 2002 11:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page and photos! The granite on the Mont Blanc massif makes for awesome climbing!



Do you have a grade for the difficulty of the rock climbing on the Bonatti-Gallieni? (i.e. rock climbing grade as opposed to alpine grade)



ciao

ben

bruno.carbonne

bruno.carbonne - Apr 28, 2002 9:15 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

The grade of rock climbing ranges from 5+ to 6b if you mix the first part of the Bonatti-Gallieni route and the second part of the "Tabou" route which is highly recommended. In my opinion, the 2nd pitch rated 6b is more probably 6bc, rather athletic.

If you do the entire original Bonatti-Gallieni route, one pitch which was orignally aid-climbing can be climbed free (7a+ or 7b).

OBIJUANKENOBI71

OBIJUANKENOBI71 - Jul 25, 2002 8:36 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

Visit my page "El Torozo", a mountain for rock climbers.

Cheers.

Juan

bruno.carbonne

bruno.carbonne - Jul 30, 2002 6:31 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi Obijuan !

Thanks for your comment. I have visited your page on El Torozo. The rock looks very compact and solid.

How "hot" is it in summer there ? What's the best season to climb in your mountains ?

Ciao,

Bruno

OBIJUANKENOBI71

OBIJUANKENOBI71 - Jul 30, 2002 6:46 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hi Bruno!

The rock is granite, quite solid. Regarding the summery temperatures, these they are very hot now in summer, ending up reaching the 35ºC (although to the dawn the temperature is pleasant 25ºC), however by the middle of September the temperatures are softened enough (25-28ºC), being this the best time for the escalade, because but it advances we would meet with period of rains. I recommend you final of September to ascend to the mountain.

Ciao.

Juan

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'la Chandelle' main page