Laguna Negra-Normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.01130°N / 2.8784°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See the main page

Route Description


Trailhead: 1600m.
Slope: 560m.
Time: 1h 40min to summit. Total: 3h.

Following the itinerary in the scaliers and the rails of wood to the Laguna Negra (Black Lage) in 15 minutes. The lake is in the right side of the path but we turn to left side following the signal. The last meters of this path before the upper plains is a little step-crossing with some of ice in winter (signal of danger) but generally in spring or summer is a easy walk-up in the rocks. In the plains we turn to north (right) to a evident col between the ridge of Mojon Alto (2093m, west, left) and Risco Zurraquin (2105m, east, right). In the col is very visible the last part of the route to the summit. Passing in the upper side of the Laguna Larga (right side) we reach the little col of Portillo Arenoso in the base of the peak. The route go to left side (NW) for reach the ridge in a path in zig-zag (another option most direct it can be dangerous with snow for cornises). In the upper plain we follow to reach the peak for the right side in a very wide coulouir with some of slope in the last meters to reach the great vertex of the summit.

Essential Gear


In winter and early in the season crampons and ice-axe.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

UrbiónRoutes