Lake of Lhurs

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.91800°N / 0.729°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Trailhead: village of Lescun (France). You can to search the road of Anapia/Lhurs (see the signals in the road) to the west of village. After the road had a little track. In the end of the track is the little parking of cars.

Route Description

Slope: 1450 metres.
Time: 8 h (total).

Important: this is a hard route for this mountain. For normal and easy route you must to see the route of Linza.

We'll must follow the path in the forest of Lanangus to a narrow mountain pass between Billare(2309m) and Dec de Lhurs(2176m). After this pass we'll arrive to the pretty Lake of Lhurs under the bow of La Mesa (it is ship-shaped) with a free confortable mountain hut (opened in week-end). The way is to the east for a coulouir full of pieces of rocks very inclined (in winter generally is covered of snow and ice) to the Col of Lhurs (from this point is the same of final route of Belagua to arrive to the summit through a path and a chimney of grade I).
Alternatives:
-col of Escoueste (south of La Mesa), a little more long but easier. From the refuge of Lake of Lhurs turn and bordering the peaks of the front for the left to the col. In the col turn to north (right) to link the normal route from Linza.
-col of La Table: complicated, very exposed.

Essential Gear

In winter and even begin of springtime is neccesary ice-axe and crampons for the coulouir to the Col of Lhurs.

Mountain Conditions

A lot of days is frecuent the fog in the french side of Pyrenees. With fog is very difficult (and dangerous) search the col and the peaks.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.