Larraitz

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.01268°N / 2.06543°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is one of the most popular routes to climb to Ganboa but really it's not the most evident route but the nearby Txindoki make this route as a very good complement to his climb for many people from Col of Egurral.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to Larraitz or the page of Txindoki.

Route Description

Ganboa & BeriainGanboa

The route is the same of normal route of Txindoki from Larraitz to arrive to Col of Egurral.

In the Col of Egurral (1162m, 1h20m) we leave the normal route of Txindoki (left side) and we turn to south into the range of Aralar. The path go bordered the hill over the huts of Elutseta to reach the plain of Rasos de Alotza. In the middle of the great plateau we see the dolmen of Saltarri (1119m, 1h 30m), easy to see in sunny days and with a very difficult orientation with fog (route is not advisable in foggy days). After a little walk we ascent to the Fuente de Alotza with table of orientation (1182m, 2h) and wide panorama. We see Ganboa (1412m) in left side and Uarrain (1346m) in right side. The best route go in direction to the col between both mountains. It's a path with hard slope to reach the Col of Irazusta (1250m, 2h30m). In this point the path dissapears but we see a green ramp in left side (NE) between Ganbo Txikia (1377m,left) and Ganboa. With a hard slope we walk in zig-zag across this ramp to reach finally the summit of Ganboa (1412m, 3h).


Col of EgurralEgurral
GanboaGanboa
Rasos de AloñaAlotza

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe in some days of winter after snowfalls. It's possible the use of ski in winter as well. Nothing special the rest of the year.

External Links

Mendiak.net: route from Larraitz with pictures and information (text in spanish).

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

GanboaRoutes