Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 40.40790°N / 105.6267°W
Additional Information County: Larmier
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 8540 ft / 2603 m

Overview

Lawn Lake provides access to the dramatic southern aspect of the Mummy range, including Ypsilon Mountain's Y-Couloir and Blitzen Ridge, as well the 13'ers at the east side of the range.

It is also the usual terminus of the Mummy Mania traverse of the range, the start being Chapin Pass.

Driving Directions

Lawn Lake Trailhead is most easily reached from the Fall River Road Entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park. From Estes Park take US Highway 34 bypass to the Fall River Entrance. This highway is on the north side of Estes and is accessible from several locations on the east, west, or center of town. Depending on where you pick it up, it is 4 - 4.5 miles to the National Park entrance.

From the entrance follow the road for nearly 2 miles, keeping an eye out for bighorn sheep, until you are rounding the curve on the west side of Horseshoe Park. Turn right (west) on the Fall River Road.

If you are coming from the Beaver Meadows entrance you will turn right on to 34 at the Deer Mountain Junction, and it will be a left turn into fall River Road.

It is 0.2 miles from the turn to the trailhead, which will be on the right (north) side of the road. The road to this point is open all year.

External Links

Maps of Estes Park showing access roads to Rocky Mountain National Park.