Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Dec 5, 2007 4:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Impressive work

two questions there, firstly what is the legend for the sub-area maps? (especially what's red and what's brown). 2ndly, could you point us to some instructions for creating interactive maps (such as your overview map)? Thanks!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Dec 6, 2007 2:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Impressive work

Thanks - the red arteries are the hiking paths, the blue ones the creeks and rivers. Green background stands for forest and meadows, brown background are the mountains above the timberline and the red patches are the towns and villages. And somewhere there sneaked a glacier in there (blue-white striped area).

As for the image maps see here:

http://www.summitpost.org/faq.html#chapter_61

or here

http://www.summitpost.org/article/241488/7-Ways-to-Post-Panoramas-to-SP.html#chapter_11

The main trick is to determine the coordinates of the areas. I used to do this by hand until I found out that some programs can help with it (e.g. Adobe Image Ready). Now I only have to paste the links and exchange the "alt" tag for a "title" tag because otherwise Firefox wouldn't show the tool-tips when you pull the mouse over the active area.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Dec 6, 2007 2:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Fantastic Page

Actually I only put up the two faraway pictures on top of the page. Little Mole is to blame for the other ones. Currently any pictures are welcome since there are so very few around here. Thanks!

Flachlandtiroler - Dec 6, 2007 5:43 am - Voted 10/10

Astonishing...

...that again and again a big vacancies appear at SP. Good to get this gap stuffed ;-)

I'll post some pics from Rote Wand & surroundings, but to create a page for this peak someone with deeper insight is necessary, esp. regarding the climbing routes in the south face.

Martin

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Dec 6, 2007 5:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Astonishing...

Thanks, Martin. Any pictures are very welcome since there are so few.

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Dec 6, 2007 5:45 am - Voted 10/10

Very interesting

I don't know this mountain range but looks a very wild and not turistic area, I'm always looking for places like this.
Your area pages are unsurpassable, thank you for posting this high quality ( and very useful ) pages.
Ciao!
Fab

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Dec 6, 2007 6:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very interesting

Grazie Fabrizio. I think, neighbouring Lechtal Alps would be more to your taste. There you have huge sections which are basically never visited - some of the villages in the area decided against tourism and to be left alone.

Lechquellengebirge is simply too small to be remote. There are roads around the range, there are the ski runs at Flexenpass, Zürser See and Hochtannbergpass as well as some ski lifts from Klostertal. Then there are Formarinsee and Spullersee which are very popular among the tourist crowd. But once you leave the roads you have much of the range for yourself. And thanks to the (lots of) rain the area is very green.

See here for instance

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Dec 7, 2007 2:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Another great job!

As Fabrizio said - your area pages are unsurpassable! I can imagine you, studying for hours the area, drawing maps etc. But it can be fun too.
I updated the Alps - Eastern Part page.
Cheers!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Dec 7, 2007 3:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Another great job!

I had been pondering this page for years. Now I'm pondering Rätikon. The current page is not worth anything.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Dec 7, 2007 4:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Another great job!

Agree.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Lechquellengebirge' main page