Left Handed Octopus

Left Handed Octopus

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 24.89749°N / 55.92505°E
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.10a (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

An easy start up a vertical face with juggy holds. The finish is a challenging overhang.

Getting There

Left Handed Octopus is in the area known as "Upper Cave". This route is just right of "Snakes and Ladders"and left of the cave entrance.

Route Description

"Left Handed Octopus" is 18 meters tall. Start up the vertical face with good holds. The last 3 bolts are on an exciting overhang with good holds. The anchor (double chains) are visible from the ground. They hang out over the overhanging finish. Lowering/Rappelling from the anchor you are hanging out away from the rock, unable to reach the rock because of the overhanging anchor. This may pose a challenge cleaning gear on the way down. Halfway down you will lower past the Anchor for "Snakes and Ladders".

Essential Gear

8-10 quickdraws and anchor material.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.