Les Allamands

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.13230°N / 6.84860°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike, scramble
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Samoens D 354 direction NE to the hamlet Les Moulins and then to the right to Les Allamands (1098 m).
Park near the climbing school.

Route Description


Level difference : 1630 m
Duration of ascent : 5 h
Start under wood, pass a water station, cross the lapiaz of the south side of the valley : you arrive at the farm of Bossetan (1580 m) and in numerous slopes you reach the path coming from Golèse and the Hut of Tornay-Bostan. Climb in the hollow of the small valley under the impressive Dents d'Oddaz in the south. Pass les Verdets and reach on the left the Col de Bossetan (2290 m), swiss border, 3 H 30 from Les Allamands.
From the collar climb at the right and and conturn by the left the escarpment of the CPointe des Chamois. Don't follow the path on the right witch leads to the Golette de l'Oule and to the Vogealle Hut. Climb steep the rocky comb (snow ields sometimes icy, normally snow free in august and september). Reach a gully; climb through a crack on the right to the Occidental summit (in fact 3 summits). Descend along the blade sharp and vertiginous crest (prudence) and climb easier through gravels to the principal summit (Dent du Signal).

Essential Gear


Crampons ans rope sometimes useful

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.