Lily Lake Glen Alpine

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.90060°N / 120.15°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike and a short scramble on the NW Ridge
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1 walkup and possibly some class 2 srambling on the NW ridge
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Drive the south road along Fallen Leaf Lake all the way to where the road veers left past the fire station to the Lily Lake parking area. Register your entry into Desolation Wilderness. Beginning elevation is 6,564 feet.

Route Description


From the trailhead registration sign at the designated parking area at Lily Lake, you will:
Follow the Glen Alpine trail, which is a cobbled road for 3.4 miles to the junction at Gilmore Lake (8,300 feet).
Take the Pacific Crest Trail here heading north to Dick's Pass 1.8 miles distance, elevation 9,174 feet.
From here follow the northwest ridge for 0.8 miles to the summit. Total distance is 6 miles.

Essential Gear


Trail and approaches are snow free usually by early July through October if it doesn't snow by then. Crampons and an ice ax are recommended if you do the ascent in a heavy winter season where Spring and early summer snow remains. Mosquito repellant is a must in early and middle summer; June to the end of July.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.