Lily Lake

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.85660°N / 120.073°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: all trail
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Highway 89, turn onto Fallen Leaf Road. This is about 1 mile toward South Lake Tahoe from the turn-off which says, "Tallac trailhead"
Drive along Fallen Leaf Lake all the way to where the road veers left past the fire station to the Lily Lake parking area. Register your entry into Desolation Wilderness. Beginning elevation is 6,564 feet.

Route Description


Don't follow the Glen Alpine trail to the right of Lily Lake, but stay to the left of Lily Lake and aim at Angora Peak. The trail ascends the steep northwestern slop of Angora Peak in switchbacks until after a little less than 2 miles it tops out at the plateau leading up to Echo Peak summit. (See topo map in photo section for details)

Essential Gear


Snowshoes recommened in winter.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Echo PeakRoutes