Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 33.93472°S / 18.38917°E
Additional Information Elevation: 2195 ft / 669 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Tablemountain, 1.087m is one of the most impressive and charateristic landmarks in the world. The flat-shaped mountain is flanked by the Devils Peak, 1.002m and the Lion´s Head, 669 m. The Lion´s Head is the lowest in this triology, but anyhow this triangle shaped mountain is a very spectacular viewpoint offering a marvellous view over the city of Capetown, Sea Point, Robben Island, Devils Peak and last but not least the entire Table Mountain massive. The Lion´s Head is not connected with any cablecars as the Table Mountain but nervertheless has a big numbers of visitors all around the year thanks to it´s easy acsess.

Getting There

Follow the road towards Signal Hill. From there several small paths are leading up against the slopes of the Lion´s Head. At the foot of the mountain the small path continous around in a circle, some fix ropes are set up to secure exposed parts. Up on the top there is a big signal people like to “climb”. Enjoy the marvellous view which combines the Table Mountain chain, a fantastic flora and fauna and the spectacular sight of two oceans meeting!

Red Tape

No permits are required.

Hotel / accomodation

Capetown offers a huge number of various accomodations in all price layers. One hotel to be recommended is the The Breakwater Lodge located at the popular Waterfront Area which is considered to be one of the more safer areas in Capetown.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
andre hangaard

andre hangaard - Oct 6, 2003 3:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi Andrew!
Many thanks for this really crusial info about Lions Head. I read it on another Lion´s head website. Perhaps it was the rock ascent only. Although I did found it rather low when comparing with the other two´s. thanks again! André

Andrew Hagen

Andrew Hagen - Oct 4, 2003 5:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

The actual height of Lion's Head is 669m, but the heights you gave for Table Mountain and Devil's Peak are correct.

Thanks for the posting

Cheers
Andrew

andre hangaard

andre hangaard - Oct 6, 2003 3:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi Andrew!
Many thanks for this really crusial info about Lions Head. I read it on another Lion´s head website. Perhaps it was the rock ascent only. Although I did found it rather low when comparing with the other two´s. thanks again! André

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.