mountaingazelleGood Page

mountaingazelle

I'm not sure if there is an established trail all the way to the top either. I also climbed the mountain when it was covered in snow. I could see the summit above the canyon so I just made my own way up the south slope and then back east. When I was able to see the trail it was in good condition.
Posted Oct 23, 2007 1:45 pm

mtybumpoRe: Good Page

mtybumpo

There's a trail on the map but I couldn't find any sign of one when I was up there. It may just have been the snow. Thanks for the comment!
Posted Oct 23, 2007 2:58 pm

AndinistalocoRe: Good Page

Andinistaloco

I seem to remember the trail ending about 3000 feet up or thereabouts. From there I think it was mostly a bushwhack. Several years ago I helped build a trail which heads south from the main trail at around 2600 ft. above the trailhead - wonder if it gets much use?
Posted Oct 23, 2007 8:08 pm

mtybumpoRe: Good Page

mtybumpo

I do remember a trail that branched off to the south but it was quite a ways away from the peak and it didn't look like it would lead anywhere promising. Maybe that was it though. I don't know.
Posted Oct 24, 2007 12:34 am

AndinistalocoRe: Good Page

Andinistaloco

If I remember rightly the trail heads south and then west towards Little Baldy. Unfortunately I wasn't around for its completion, but I'd like to head back someday and see where it ended up going. If I don't, I'm sure someone will climb this one at some point and let me know. Anyway, nice page - just voted on it.
Posted Oct 25, 2007 11:51 pm

ericwillhiteCowley Canyon

ericwillhite

Cowley Canyon from the north is THE way by far to do Logan by car. All other routes are difficult on the car from the valley bottom. You will get really close to the summit from the north before it gets bad.
Posted Apr 21, 2009 4:44 pm

mtybumpoRe: Cowley Canyon

mtybumpo

I've never been up from the North but I know it looks like there's a lot of elevation gain.
Posted Apr 24, 2009 12:40 pm