Lower Table Rock Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.45530°N / 122.9491°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Moderate Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Route Description

Difficulty: Easy Class 1
Distance: 5.4 miles round-trip
Elevation Gain: 800 feet

The Lower Table Rock trail is quite a bit more rocky than Upper Table Rock and there is quite a bit less acreage on top to explore than Upper Table Rock.

Approach

Driving on Interstate 5 North from Medford:

Take the Central Point Exit (#33) right for about one mile until you reach Table Rock Road. Turn left onto Table Rock Road and continue straight for about 7.5 miles. Then turn left onto Wheeler Road and continue for about 1more mile. There will be signs along the road directing you to the trailhead.

Driving on Interstate 5 South from Grants Pass:

Take the Central Point Exit (#33). Take a left at the stop light and continue for about one mile until you reach Table Rock Road. Follow Table Rock road for about 7.5 miles and then turn left onto Wheeler Road and continue driving for about 1 more mile until you reach the trailhead.

Essential Gear

Tennis shoes and backback. Sunscreen and plenty of water is a must during the Summer months. A snakebite kit would probably be a wise choice to bring along with you as well. If you own a camera you probably wont want to leave it at home.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.