Lucy In The Sky

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.32850°N / 84.2241°W
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.9 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Most popualr climb at the Racetrack. 2 great pitches with fun moves, great exposure, and good rock.



Getting There

Go to the north side of the main fin. Lucy is the first sport climb you will come to.

Route Description

1st pitch: 5.9 five bolts. end at the ledge with 2 shuts and a bolt. 100 feet.

2nd pitch: 5.9 The crux of the climb comes right of the belay ledge with ledge fall potential. Be careful. Easiest to go left on top of the ramp and then traverse right. 4 bolts on this pitch. There are chain anchors on the edge of the cliff, but they're sketch. Climb on top and belay off the bomber bolts up there.

Rappel off the bolts on top. If you have two ropes, use them. If you only have one you will need to make two rappels to the bottom.

Essential Gear

Climb is pretty run out. Bring six draws. No trad gear needed. An ATC is very helpful for the rappel. Bring slings or cordellets for the anchors.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.