Lukomir village

Lukomir village

Page Type Page Type: Album

Lukomir - highest village in Bosnia and Herzegovina

Lukomir village


At 1469 m, the village of Lukomir is the highest and most isolated village in BiH. It is situated on mountain Bjelasnica, 50 kilometers from Sarajevo.

Lukomir is a symbol of historical,cultural,architectural and ambient heritage of Bosnia&Herzegovina.

In the beginning there was just village Donji Lukomir, 10 kilometers from the Lukomir that coexists today.

Around year 1950 people of this village have displaced their homes because of avalanches.

Girl from Lukomir...


Lukomir has unique stone homes with cherry-wood roof tiles.The house has the square base, with a fire place in the center. Walls are made of stone, and have small windows.

In the village there are 50 houses and only about 20 are inhabited.






Bogomil tombstones in...


The village has its own graveyard and smaller group of ancient stecci - medieval tombstones (from Medieval Bosnia).


Access to the village is impossible from the first snows in December until late April, sometimes even later.





Lukomir village


From Lukomir, you can do some hiking in the area along the ridge of the Rakitnica Canyon, visit Umoljani village, Bjelasnica and Visocica mountains..












Comments

No comments posted yet.