Lupine with Little Tahoma

Lupine with Little Tahoma

Between Second and Third Burroughs, above Sunrise, was a wonderful meadow of lupine! RNP, 7/24/08.
tleaf
on Jul 26, 2008 1:15 pm
Image ID: 424870

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Aug 30, 2008 1:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Lupines

A much better shot of Lupines than I ever got!

tleaf

tleaf - Aug 30, 2008 5:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Lupines

I love Lupine!!! I could lie in a field of lupine all day, enjoying its intoxicating scent, instead of climbing any mountain.... as long as the sun was out, and it was warm, and there are no grizzlies, no cougar, no wolves, no other hikers, etc............. A nice bottle of wine, smelly cheese, fresh baked bread, olives, ....... I'm getting hungry.
Cheers!

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Aug 30, 2008 8:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Lupines

okay, stop....
Wait, did you say smelly cheese? Did you know Grizllies can smell smelly cheese from ten, make it five, miles away? But, I would be willing to take the chance.

tleaf

tleaf - Aug 31, 2008 11:41 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Lupines

Yes, I said smelly cheese. I only take cheese on day trips, or intended to eat early on day one of any long trip! Those bears scare me!

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Aug 31, 2008 1:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Lupines

I can't blame you for being scared of Grizllies. In fact I am too. We don't have any grizllies in California, only black bears, but I am always on the lookout for cougars. They scare me because they come from behind and they are on top of you before you have time to react. And, I was totally kidding about the cheese comment and the smell going for five or ten miles and all that.

tleaf

tleaf - Sep 1, 2008 11:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Lupines

Kidding aside, bears do have a keen sense of smell, but so do other critters! I don't take any chances and keep a clean camp, lunch site, etc. No perfumes, fabric softeners, deodorant, toothpaste, and the like! I'm in their territory so I respect the environment and the animals. Thank goodness we don't have Grizzlies in the Olympics! Happy hiking!

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Sep 1, 2008 5:38 pm - Voted 10/10

More Lupines

Sound mountain practices tleaf. Only if I can stick to the letter of it. I am much better now, and still room for improvement.

Happy hiking to you too.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7