Major Bolt Achievment (5.11b)

Major Bolt Achievment (5.11b)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.76583°N / 105.2186°W
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing, Toprope
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.11b (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This amazingly asthetic line climbs a slab to a small roof. Amazing movements, good stone, and a large variety of technical and powerful movements make this route definately worth doing.

Getting There

The CruxCrux moves at the roof.
If you are coming from the Denver area,take I-70 to CO Hwy 58. Take the Boyd St exit and go to the 2nd stop sign. Go straight on Plateau following the curve right. Go left and then take the first right onto Peery Pkwy. The sign says Dead End. Go to the end of the street and take the dirt road to either the upper or lower parking lot.

If you are coming from teh Boulder area, take CO Hwy 93 south to Golden. Take a left on Washington St. Follow Washington to 1st street. Take a left on 1st and cross the bridge at the bottom of the hill. Next take a right on Partridge Cr. and turn left on Ptarmigan St., which eventually turns into Peery Pkwy.
Establishing MyselfLast bolt before the roof.

Follow the obvious trail to the base of the cliffs.

Major Bolt Acheivment is located on the Industrial Buttress and is route number 82 in the Falcon Guide by Peter Hubbel.

Route Description

An all around amazing route. 6 bolts to the anchor. Begin the route on the slab and climb with some technical moves on small holds to the base of the roof.
Major Bolt Acheivement (11b)Crux moves at the roof.

If you decide to go to the far left and stem, it will ower the grade a few letters. Once at the jugs below the roof, get some good high feet and reach high for the jugs on the roof. Continue working feet higher while bumping to a jug rail. Place a high foot and mantle the boulder to one more thin move before the anchors.
At The AnchorsAt the anchors.

Essential Gear

6 quick draws and something for the anchor. A 60 meter rope is sufficient.
Tired and Chalked HandsTied hands.