thepluggerUntitled Comment

theplugger

This is a great page about one of my favorite places. Although I've never climbed McCurdy Mountain, what tales Jay and I can tell about our experiences in that heavenly remote Lost Creek Wilderness!! Thanks for the memories!
Posted May 2, 2003 10:27 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

If you look real close in this photo you can see my initials carved into the summit block of McCurdy. I'm so COOOOL! LOL Thanks for the 4 star. One of these days Bison and McCurdy will give me good memories as well. See Ya.
Posted May 3, 2003 2:53 pm

GrantUntitled Comment

Grant

Great Page. I liked the history on Kenosha Pass. Looks like a peak that needs to be done sometime soon.
Posted May 2, 2003 1:31 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for the 4 star. Have a good one.
Posted May 3, 2003 2:49 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Sweet page, kaner. you put a lot of work into this. Nice job.
Posted May 2, 2003 2:20 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Brian, it's good to see your votes on my pages. LCW doesn't get much hiking or climbing traffic, most likely because of the stature and elevations, but I don't give a rats ass about that stuff. It's all about character, and Bison and McCurdy have serious character. Keep an eye out for Tarryall Peak and Lake Park Peak submissions. If you enjoyed this page you certainly will enjoy reading about these shy peaks. In a few weeks I will most likely submit them to SP. Both are very similar to Bison and McCurdy and are from the same range. Thanks again.
Posted May 3, 2003 2:46 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for the 4 star. I was hoping you could do me a favor? Can you look at the McCurdy page and see if my apostrope's are still showing up as Russian HTML? I went back and edited the page and I hope it works. This only happens when I actually submit the mountain. Weird. Thanks again
Posted May 6, 2003 6:40 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

I didn't see any the other day and still don't see any. Looks good.
Posted May 6, 2003 7:19 am

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

Another nice one. Do you know anything about how the Hayman fire has affected access to McCurdy from the east? I haven't been back in there but I believe the Goose Creek area got cooked.
Posted May 2, 2003 11:59 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Ya know, I have no idea if the Heyman afffected thet area you mentioned. I didn't notice any burned area from the summit. Although I didn't stay long. Thanks for the 4 star vote. Keep an eye out for Tarryall Peak and Lake Park Peak submissions. In a few weeks I will most likely submit them to SP. Both are very similar to Bison and McCurdy and are from the same range.
Posted May 3, 2003 2:39 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Looks like a truly serene place! Great pics and a great page. Cheers -Tim-
Posted May 3, 2003 12:27 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Posted May 3, 2003 2:36 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Great job, Kane! Excellent and outstanding work that aptly illustrates the spectacular Lost Creek Wilderness. I'm looking forward to more submissions on this area from a supposedly reputable SP member-who might this be?
Posted May 3, 2003 1:53 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Nice page, but the state seems to be entered incorrectly (use the pulldown menu rather than entering the state manually) and you didn't provide lat/lon information. from topozone, i find it to be 39.219 N / -105.468 E

Just looked at the map, and now I remember this area--drove across the forest service road SE of the peak in 1996. Did some fishing in southpark. that's some nice country, especially as you get to the Tarryall creek drainage...
Posted May 3, 2003 8:34 pm

kletterwebbiUntitled Comment

kletterwebbi

Very good page.
Posted May 4, 2003 10:26 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Very impressive page. Really enjoyed reading about this one and learning some new info.
Posted Dec 18, 2003 10:17 pm

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Great stuff Kane! You are correct: so close to home and I know virtually nothing about this amazing looking area. You could have chosen to keep it a "secret", so thanks for providing all this information.
Posted Dec 31, 2003 10:02 am

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Nice work. By now, you've been to more parts of this mountain than almost anyone!
Posted Apr 13, 2004 6:14 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for stopping by and for the nice vote. For me, the LCW has become my favorite place to go to either get in shape or to stay in shape. For a lot of reasons I really feel comfortable there; no need to bring a map any longer. I actually did the Sand Creek route without a topo, looking back in retrospect I probably should have had one to be on the safe side.

I think I may be done with the LCW this season, however, I am actually thinking of doing an overnighter on the Castle. How cool would that be to pitch a tent way up there in the Hanging Gardens protected from any wind! You need to do the Castle, it's a hoot! There are still a few points deep in McCurdy Park that really interest me but i think I'm going to save them for next Oct. or Nov.

If you ever go do McCurdy again you should try that Sand Creek approach. Its a really "remote" feeling approach, especially when you drop about 400-ft down into the upper Sand Creek Canyon. You get the feeling that NOBODY goes in there! If you decide to go next Oct. Nov. Dec, let me know, I would be happy to lead you and whomever up McCurdy via that route. Don't forget to go do the south summit as well, much more interesting than the true summit. Later Ryan.
Posted Apr 13, 2004 8:14 pm