Memorial

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.95000°N / 115.951°W
Additional Information Route Type: Bolted Slab
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.8
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The route is to the right of the Regular Route and to the right of a large right facing corner. The start is marked by a cairn with the first bolt being 15ft above the ground.

Route Description


The route was put up in 2004 by Alan Queen, Abbot King, and Kevin Caudill. Thier intention was to put a climb up that wouldn't be scary, and I think they did a good job. The bolts are well placed and the only runout section is 4th class climbing (pitch 2). Most of the pitches are almost full 60m rope lengths(note that a 50m rope will not cut it).
The pitches are straight forward - follow the bolt line - and are as follows:
Pitch 1 - 5.7
Pitch 2 - 4th class (half rope length).
Pitch 3 - 5.4
Pitch 4 - 5.7
Pitch 5 - 5.8
Pitch 6 - 5.8+ (there is an older looking anchor in the middle of this pitch - you can stop here if you really want to, but it isn't necessary and you'll give up the rest of your awesome lead).
Pitch 7 - 5.8
Pitch 8 - 5.7 (5.9 if you follow the bolt line over a bulge, 5.7 if you go around to the left)

Getting down: There is a walk - find the easiest way off backside of Slick Rock and head right (East). It is also possible to rap off the route with double ropes.

Essential Gear


13 quickdraws plus anchor draws
60meter rope (50meter is too short)
double ropes need if rappelling.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.