Mescalito Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 38 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Nice job on this! The Red Rocks area is beautiful—I was fortunate to visit last fall. I might have a picture or two I can submit—I’ll check.
Posted Dec 6, 2002 4:10 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you. The more pic's the better!!

rpc
Posted Dec 11, 2002 10:11 am

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Nice page. I've heard about "Cat in the Hat" and hope to climb it one day.
Posted Dec 6, 2002 4:41 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks for the positive vote, John.

We highly recommend the Cat. Actually, we studied the relevant pages/routes posted by you and Josh before heading out there. Very nice supplements to the guide book (esp. the photos). Want to head back there New Year's time frame and try to do a couple more 5.6's; maybe try Johnny Vegas.

radek
Posted Dec 6, 2002 4:55 pm

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Radek,

Glad you enjoyed the Red Rocks photos we put up. Johnny Vegas is a very memorable and very fun climb. That's one climb I wouldn't mind doing again, maybe two more times ;-) I want to head down there again too (it's raining here now) but an 18+ hour drive? Have to have respect for that! Thanks for posting your pages/routes/photos. Reminds me I need to visit this area again. Cheers and happy climbing!
Posted Dec 9, 2002 10:19 am

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Great page, Radek.
Posted Dec 7, 2002 11:29 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks Brian!

Still in the process of adding photos + beta.

radek
Posted Dec 9, 2002 9:12 am

asmrzUntitled Comment

asmrz

Excellent page.
Posted Dec 7, 2002 1:02 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you very much for the vote and the route addition (nice!).

radek
Posted Dec 9, 2002 9:20 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

I love Red Rocks. Good page.
Posted Dec 9, 2002 4:56 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you for the vote.

radek
Posted Dec 16, 2002 8:57 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Another one to put on my to do list. Some of my family lives in Vegas, now I can do something besides hitting the casinos. : )

Really nice page.
Posted Dec 23, 2002 4:29 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Dean,

Red Rocks is a great place. There's tons of stuff to do from non-technical 3rd class routes that get you up to beautiful summits to 5.12, multi-pitch routes the mere sight of which scares the crap out most mortals!! This is one option to escape the rain in the PNW during winter months. Thanks for your vote.

rpc
Posted Dec 24, 2002 11:07 am

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

Thank you for placing your time and effort into this page. It is clear from reading it that you have "been there-done that" and have insight and advice that will make the trip more enjoyable and safer for anyone climbing there. Keep up the good work !!!!!
Posted Dec 25, 2002 3:19 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you very much for the nice vote on this page!

My wife and I were very very impressed with climbing at Red Rocks (the sandstone, the weather, the number and length of easy/moderate routes) and to date this is I think our favorite place for rock climbing. We did a short trip there last Thanksgiving and were so taken by the place that we're going back there for the New Year's time frame. Thank you again and a happy new year!!

radek
Posted Dec 26, 2002 9:43 am

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

Oh Radek, How did the trip to Red Rocks go??? You mentioned that you and your wife were headed there in a "New Years" time frame. All of my thrills are vicarious, so you MUST give me a glimpse of what a REAL LIFE is all about. Here at the Tower we were Blessed with 2 splendid days of warm weather, like 50's. We found the top of the Tower repeatedly !!!!! This is such a strange winter. You might keep an eye on www.weather.com Our zip code is 82714, so if you punch that in, you will know as much as we do about the upcoming conditions !!!!!!!.......Big Wally
Posted Jan 10, 2003 12:39 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

rpc-Great page! I just visited Red Rocks and Valley of Fire and thoroughly enjoyed them both. I wondered if SP had Red Rocks and I returned home to see (quite happily) that it does and YOU had the Mescalito page! Awesome!
Posted May 7, 2003 5:14 pm