Mink Hollow - Devils Path

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.13820°N / 74.1745°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See getting there on the main page for Mink Hollow.

Route Description


1.5 miles one-way
1650’ of elevation gain

This is the shortest and easiest trail to Plateau Mtn’s summit.
From the parking lot at the end of Mink Hollow Road (Blue Markers), start heading south along the old (closed) road that leads Lake Hill for about 0.7 of a mile with 400’ of elevation gain to the intersection with Devils Path (Red Markers). If you continue south 250’ you will encounter the Mink Hollow leanto. Turn right at the intersection with the Devils Path. Follow this west while gaining 1250’ of elevation in the next 0.8 of a mile to the summit peak of Plateau.

Essential Gear


Nothing special needed in the dry months.
Crampons for the winter months, the final approach to the summit requires some ledge bands to climb up.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.