Viewing: 1-19 of 19
PAROFES

PAROFES - Oct 7, 2010 3:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good One, Parofes!

Thanks a lot Fort!
English spoken to me is like a natural thing, but when comes to writing, it sure is a whole other thing...but i try hard! :)
Cheers!

EricChu

EricChu - Oct 7, 2010 3:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Super!

Paulo, this is just great! I've absolutely got to take the time to read your full story in detail!
Many cheers,
Eric

PAROFES

PAROFES - Oct 7, 2010 5:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Super!

Eric,

I forgot to put on my previous answer, some links you might enjoy:

My shots at Zurich: Blog - Zurich

This is great: Blog - B&W people shots Zurich

Have fun hehehe

Paulo

EricChu

EricChu - Oct 7, 2010 4:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Just now...

...I took the time - couldn't wait! ;-) You wrote a wonderful report! I really enjoyed reading your story and living it with you and it's nice you added those videos, also with Marcel and Annie on one of them...what you said about the people in the hut - most of them being very monosyllabic but the guardians themselves being very willing to communicate - this is how I myself have experienced the alpine huts in Europe nearly every time, be it in Austria, Switzerland, or even Italy...although in the Rifugio Vittorio Sella in the Gran Paradiso group, when I was there back in 1986, it was different...I also can recall two very nice "refuge evenings" I had in South Tyrol. But otherwise, yes, I must say, I fully agree!
Gosh - what with the rather unsure weather conditions you had up there, it would have certainly taken me a lot of determination to go on, right to the very top, as you did! Your foot must have caused you quite an ordeal on the way down...
Ayayay - that you had to land in Zurich just while the Züri-Fäscht was going on!!! I know what that's like - and the other festivities in Zurich as well, I myself having grown up in Zurich! Crammed to bursting! Although, it could have been worse - thank goodness it wasn't the Zurich Street Parade you landed in!! One look at what the Hauptbahnhof looks like the following morning tells more than a thousand words!
Many cheers, and keep your fingers crossed for me as to good weather - I'm going up another peak in the Berchtesgaden area tomorrow - could make a new mountain page here on SP! - and this weekend I hope to do a long hike in the Steinernes Meer - also Berchtesgaden area!
Eric

PAROFES

PAROFES - Oct 7, 2010 5:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Just now...

Eric!

Thank you for read the whole thing! While you were reading i was correcting several english mistakes (around 45 of them!) but i'm sure there is tons more...hehehe

Yes, the weather played me for a fool, but it takes much worst conditions for me to quit!

I just did one shot of my foot ahahahahahah, it is online and at the trip report :P Disgustingggggg lol

Zurich: My friend, i must have slept at streets at least two dozens nights by the years...Backpacking envolves that kind of situation and i'm okay with it. In fact, it was fun because i slept by a river with fish and ducks...nice and quiet. ;)

Hey, good luck with the weather and the hiking!

In 10 hours i'll leave to Itatiaia National Park to climb more three brazilian mountains (and after that, build the mountain page here), one of them nobody here could find the proper register of summit in 20 years (for that we have to hike just in the approach day 19km! Second day for the summit and to come back)...I'll be back next week after 5 days at that paradise!

See you soon my friend!

Cheers

Paulo

markhallam

markhallam - Oct 10, 2010 3:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Great TR

Well done on your climb and a great TR. Your English is not so bad - infinitely better than my Spanish! And your photos of my favourite mountain are beautiful.
Cheers, Mark

PAROFES

PAROFES - Oct 13, 2010 6:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great TR

Well my friend my spanish sucks big time so i think that's okay ahahahahah
Thank you for reading the whole TR!
Glad you liked it! After all that is your favorite mountain! :)
Cheers,
Paulo

icypeak

icypeak - Oct 10, 2010 6:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent report!

Nothing wrong with your English, very enjoyable read, and your pics and videos are great. Congratulations on the climb!
Cheers, Sylva

PAROFES

PAROFES - Oct 13, 2010 6:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent report!

Thank you Sylva for the votes and nice words about it!
Glad you liked it! Still waiting for the new photos you said you'd upload, i'm curious! :)
Cheers,
Paulo

PAROFES

PAROFES - Oct 13, 2010 6:46 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome

Thank you Vit, of course it's not very easy to me to write in english, but to speak it is, so i'm always looking for ways to get better writing to be as good as i am talking!
Glad you like the TR, my intention is to describe all details, no matter what!
Cheers

Antonio Giani

Antonio Giani - Oct 11, 2010 5:55 am - Voted 10/10

Grande...

Pagina complimenti!!!

Ciao Antonio

PAROFES

PAROFES - Oct 13, 2010 6:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Grande...

Grazie amico mio!

hansw

hansw - Oct 17, 2010 6:21 am - Voted 10/10

Toe nail

Good read Parofes!

I guess many big toe nails have been destroyed during this long descent – including mine twenty years ago.:)

Cheers,
/Hans

PAROFES

PAROFES - Oct 17, 2010 7:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Toe nail

Ahaaaa! So you're my friend of messed up toe by Mont Blanc descent ahaaha
Maybe we should form a club ahahah
Cheers!

GigaMike

GigaMike - Jun 17, 2012 4:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Fantastic!

Well done! This is one of the best Mont Blanc trip reports I have read. Thanks!

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jun 18, 2012 6:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Fantastic!

Wow, thank you so much Mike! Glad you like it!
:O)

KoenVl

KoenVl - Jul 4, 2012 7:01 am - Voted 10/10

A great example

how mountains can bring together people from all over the world!
Very pleasant to read this TR!
Cheers,
Koen!

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jul 4, 2012 9:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: A great example

Thanks so much Koen, glad you like it!
Cheers
Paulo

Empire - Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Mont Blanc Summit

Submitted Mont Blanc this summer unguided. Amazing experience. For ideas and advice, take a look at our blog.

http://high-empire.tumblr.com/

Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Return to 'Mont Blanc climbing, thoughts and a lot of pain!' main page