Viewing: 1-20 of 25
12
asmrz

asmrz - Nov 1, 2010 11:41 am - Voted 10/10

Thinking of Zion

Thanks for an entertaining TR. Makes me want to pack up and go to Zion, it's the right time of the year. Congrats on a good climb. Is that last (food) picture from Oscar's?

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Nov 1, 2010 2:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thinking of Zion

Thanks so much for reading my babble! haa...The weather is gorgeous there right now as is Red Rock Canyon. That food was actually from the Bit N Spur restaurant in Springdale....absolutely amazing and unique recipes! I hope you get out there and have a great time. :)

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Nov 1, 2010 2:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Nicely Written

Good job.

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Nov 1, 2010 2:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nicely Written

Thanks a ton for reading and the nice comment! Have fun!

Princess Buttercup

Princess Buttercup - Nov 1, 2010 11:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Way to go, GF!

Chris, what an amazing adventure! You know, when I was just in Yosemite with my parents I actually thought, "I think I want to spend a night on a wall, mainly to say I did!" Great report and read!

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Nov 2, 2010 1:28 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Way to go, GF!

Thanks Moose Babe!!! I hope I can get you on something multi-pitch with me when you're back in Vegas. Let's do it! Next thing you know, it will be El Cap conquered!

Princess Buttercup

Princess Buttercup - Nov 4, 2010 6:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Way to go, GF!

Let's put a date on the calendar. Would love to play more in RR this winter!!!

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Nov 7, 2010 4:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I like your writing.

Thank you!

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Nov 7, 2010 4:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Learning to aid on a trade route?

Thanks! Going out to do it is the best way to learn. :)

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Nov 7, 2010 10:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Learning to aid on a trade route?

Hey....sorry you have so much anger in you. I really hope I'm not the cause of it. In my write up, I mentioned how the climbers were waiting for the party in front of us. No one had to wait (fortunately) for my partner and I. We worked it out fairly quickly; I decided to forgo "practicing" to show my respects for the freeclimbers. You're definitely entitled to your own opinion though. Safe climbing!

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Nov 8, 2010 11:42 am - Voted 10/10

Courage

Thanks for having the courage to write about / share with us your learning experiences.

Keep climbing!

Sarah

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Nov 8, 2010 1:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Courage

Thank you!! :)

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Nov 8, 2010 12:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks

People learn a lot more from these thoughtful accounts of missteps, than they do from chest-thumping sagas of glory. There is another account on the web of learning at Moonlight Buttress-- check out "Matt and Joanne." Probably a different route, but you set speed records by comparison, and nobody bitched about them!
Thanks again.

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Nov 8, 2010 1:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Yuck.

I'm sorry that my write-up initiated all of this. The whole irony is that, as a writer, my intent was to paint myself as an ingenue at aid climbing for entertainment/humor purposes. I also wanted to focus a lot on the partner dynamic. In the end, no parties were waiting and we were the first ones finished..... but never did I think it would lead to this on a public site. And now, I'll defend myself: I'm a capable trad leader and the other irony is....I fiercely stay away from crowded lines (my favorite type of climbing is in the remote) and can't even recall a time that I've held any party up; even when I first began. I understand the frustration (I can get impatient myself) but I definitely question that dealing with it in this manner will help anyone or be productive.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 8, 2010 10:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Yuck.

Don't let one troll get to you. I was alerted to his comments and swiftly deleted him from the site. Behavior like that has no place in the content area of this site. Your report did not initiate what happened. It was somebody else's asshole instincts that did.

Look at how favorably this submission has been received by everyone else voting and commenting.

Don't let some jerk hiding behind an empty profile page get the better of you.

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Nov 8, 2010 6:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey...

Thank you for the kind words. After having thought over it, I think it's best I delete my account. I climb for myself and the love of it... but maybe my expressions attract the wrong type of energy at times (with the exception of meeting fantastic, inspiring folks such as yourself! :) Please keep in touch with me through my site! www.RockRipRollGirl.com....email: cmcauble(at)yahoo.com. Safe climbing!

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Nov 8, 2010 6:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hey...

Oh, No, Please don't. I really, really enjoy coming and seeing your photos and reading your TRs here at SP.

asmrz

asmrz - Nov 8, 2010 7:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Stay here, please

I just re-read your TR and the comments (my second time commenting, first time at the top). You wrote a positive and inspiring article, you did it well and the result was wonderful. Most of us on SP are just like you. Some of us a bit older, but in the spirit, we are all just backcountry climbers, skiers, hikers, you name it. We share similar values. Don't let a few ugly people affect the way you show your spirit. Stay here on SP, write another good TR and keep contributing. Some other young person might read your next TR and perhaps decide to give a big wall a try, starting a lifetime of fun. You are among friends here. Cheers and good climbing, Alois.

runawayreignbow

runawayreignbow - Nov 11, 2010 2:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Stay here, please

Thanks for the thought-full comment and your feedback Alois. I'm definitely open to criticism and another's opinion even if it's different or serves to teach me something about myself and the situation. I don't miss personal attacks though. :)

I DO feel amongst friends here. Thank you for your inspiring images and thoughts!

Cheers!

Joe White

Joe White - Nov 8, 2010 8:04 pm - Voted 10/10

on a site

that needs great climbing trip reports from inspiring climbers....think about hangin' around and continuing to write....

there are more than a few climbers here who appreciate the stoke :)

Viewing: 1-20 of 25
12
Return to 'Moonlight Buttress in a Sandstone Fortress' main page