vvujisicUntitled Comment

vvujisic

Congratulations for your new page!
Posted May 26, 2005 8:17 pm

Brad SniderUntitled Comment

Brad Snider

A fantastic read and good pics; another great page!
Posted May 26, 2005 8:42 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks brad and good luck on Capitol. Lots of snow up there, start even earlier than you want. Be prepared for a post holing affair. It should be beautiful though. I think Jim and I are going for Capitol later this season, so if ya'll don't make it you should join us.
Posted May 27, 2005 12:38 pm

miztflipUntitled Comment

miztflip

Another great page, I was wondering if I might see you up around Hail this weekend?
Posted May 26, 2005 11:17 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Excellent in all respects. I especially like the history bit. Thanks for posting!

On the proofreading front, the only note is a "Blourock" in the "When to Climb" section.
Posted May 27, 2005 1:03 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thnaks for the vote. Good job on Dead Dog the other day.
Posted May 27, 2005 12:33 pm

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

Good one. I especially like the history lesson.
Posted May 27, 2005 2:41 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

You got any good photos to share on this one?
Posted May 27, 2005 12:31 pm

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

I've got some OK pictures but nothing that can really add to the fine shots you've put up. I should have taken a few of that #14 grain scoop in action. That sucker rulez!
Posted May 28, 2005 4:15 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Very interesting history lesson. Thanks for posting.

AE
Posted May 27, 2005 9:11 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

What's up Alan? Thanks for the vote. What kind up tentative plans do you have for Colorado this season?
Posted May 27, 2005 12:32 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

It depends on the condition of my back of which I have a herniated disc. We were supposed to go to the Tetons in July, but since I can't carry a heavy pack, we may go to CO instead and do some day climbs/walk-up peaks. In August, Barry and I plan to try Teakettle and Potosi again, then climb Chimney Peak (5.6) which is east of Ouray. September is another Tetons trip with Barry, Andy, and Eric to climb Mt. Moran and Teewinot.
Posted May 27, 2005 1:29 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Nifty! But a map as the signature photo?
Posted May 27, 2005 9:53 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Charles, thanks for the vote. Thanks for the comment. I appreciate comments like your because it make me really think about why I do things the way I do. Most of the time I set my pages up instinctively, but after thinking about it, I have a purpose.

I use that Sig photo location for something different than a sig photo, it's just my style. If I'm embedding big photos in my overview text, I think its too repetative to use that sig photo location for more of the same pretty pics. So what's the next best thing? I think a topo does the job well. I also don't attach photos to the overview or any other section because I think it makes the page look cleaner and not as junked up. Too many photos takes away from the text. And lord know I spend too much time writing these pages for the text to be ignored because of all the pretty photos plastered on a page. Again, it's just my style that I developed over the past 4 years on SP.
Posted May 27, 2005 12:21 pm

ColoradoScottUntitled Comment

ColoradoScott

Another great page Kane! I have been eyeing a trip up Blaurock and Ervin for some time and your route description, early season access, and obvious enjoyment of these peaks has only piqued my interest further.
Posted May 27, 2005 11:11 am

PopoffUntitled Comment

Interesting history.
Posted May 27, 2005 4:50 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Very nice Kane. You interested in Henry Peak (Fossil Ridge Wilderness) soon?

Jon
Posted May 27, 2005 5:44 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

yes, I am interested. so is Jim. He actually introduced it to me while on the summit of Sayres.
Posted May 27, 2005 7:00 pm

GarethUntitled Comment

Gareth

Very nice page!
Posted Jun 5, 2005 12:10 am

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

Good history lesson... nice to have this documented.
Posted Aug 28, 2005 5:49 pm