Mount Bryant and Shadow Mountain from the East Shore Trailhead

Mount Bryant and Shadow Mountain from the East Shore Trailhead

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.20933°N / 105.78822°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mount Bryant from its north false summitMount Bryant from its north false summit.

This link-up combines Mount Bryant and Shadow Mountain into one outing.

Getting There

Start at the East Shore Trailhead.

Route Description

Stats: Class 2, 13.9 miles (round trip), 3301 feet of elevation gain.

From the trailhead, hike primarily on the east shore of Shadow Mountain Lake for approximately 1.7 miles to a signed fork in the trail. Continuing straight goes to Shadow Mountain Dam. Instead, go left to start the Shadow Mountain Trail. Hike uphill on the Shadow Mountain Trail for 3.2 miles to the saddle between the small rise which holds the Shadow Mountain Lookout Tower and the summit of Shadow Mountain. The Shadow Mountain Lookout Tower is only 0.1 mile to the west so it's worth a quick visit.

From the saddle between the lookout tower and the summit of Shadow Mountain, leave the trail and hike 0.45 mile southeast to the summit of Shadow Mountain. From the summit of Shadow Mountain, descend 0.45 mile southeast to the saddle between Shadow Mountain and Mount Bryant.

From the saddle between Shadow Mountain and Mt Bryant, hike 0.6 mile and 900 vertical feet to the 10,827 north false summit of Mt Bryant. From here, head 0.5 mile southeast to the summit of Mount Bryant. Return the way that you came.

Trail Profile and Map

The trail color represents the class of that portion of the trail.

Green = Class 1
Blue = Class 2

Trail Profile

The vertical unit is feet, and the horizontal unit is miles.
Trail Profile of Mount Bryant and Shadow Mountain from the East Shore Trailhead


Map
Mount Bryant and Shadow Mountain from the East Shore TrailheadMount Bryant and Shadow Mountain from the East Portal TH.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.