Mount Cameron Comments

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Hey, this isn't a peak.
Posted Jun 29, 2004 6:46 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

So how many of Colorado's 14ers are sponsored on the site so far?

(I know Cameron doesn't qualify by the prominence rule.)
Posted Jun 29, 2004 7:43 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Nice page and great work! It's about time somebody add this unofficial 14er which is one in my book. I was thinking about it, but I've only seen it from a distance so good job! You've made a great page for a very deserving summit. Good climbing to you!
Posted Jun 29, 2004 7:47 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Thanks for the vote. I was frankly surprised that no one had put up Cameron yet, concidering how often it's climbed and some of the other marginal stuff on SP ;-) Not that I haven't put up my share of marginal peaks...
Posted Jun 30, 2004 11:14 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

A left out 14er, but certainly worthy of its own page. You did a good job on the page too. Don't know if this will help, but 14ers.com has routes for Cameron and her neighbors for the aspiring 14er bagger. You may want to link to it.
Posted Jun 29, 2004 9:41 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Hm. An easy 14-er.

Nice page.

Posted Jun 29, 2004 9:42 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

What's up Charles. I think your recently submitted material on SP is excellent.

Now for this unofficial Cameron Mountain-it is what it is, a luner landscape. ATTM has some very valid points with his three star vote, he's looking for top/notch consistancy from page to page, which makes SP the best source of mountaineering beta on the web.

Its my opinion that this page, plus your route is good enough for a 4 star. Here's why; based on this mountain, I don't believe red tape or some of the other topics besides Overview to be very important whatsoever. I'm willing to bet that nobody decides to go hike up just Cameron and not tag the other summits. I think its very cool that you didn't post a hundred shots of this mountain, six is perfect. In all, this page will be mostly a place for list tickers whom enjoy signing summit logs, but you know that.
Posted Jun 29, 2004 10:00 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Thanks! I agree with you and attm both that I need to add Nat Forest info and whatnot for both this page and Atlantic that I posted (gosh) over a month back. I'll get to it Real Soon Now. You're right, Cameron is not a peak anyone climbs for itself.
Posted Jun 30, 2004 11:11 am

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

I wondered how long it would take for this peak to have its own page on SP. 4 stars for the "least lucky high peak in Colorado" and "an accident of geography". Challenger Point next?
Posted Jun 29, 2004 11:24 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Thanks for the vote. Perhaps we should start a club to climb all the unofficial 14ers without summitting the main peaks? Massive Green, North Massive, Cameron, Callenger Point, etc. Hmmm.
Posted Jun 30, 2004 11:11 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Pretty good. You've taken some real effort with your text and photo links. Is Mount Cameron in a national forest, wilderness area, or BLM. And if so, how do I contact them if I want more info. Thanks. Good page.
Posted Jun 29, 2004 11:40 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

I like the Decalibron title for the route. Well written (check typos and spelling)!
Posted Jun 30, 2004 4:23 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Lunar landscape. That about sums it up. Good page, Charles!
Posted Jun 30, 2004 5:55 am

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Great page. I agree with Larry, Challenger should be next!
Posted Jul 24, 2004 3:06 pm

ChrisUntitled Comment

Chris

Great page Charles... hoping to head up here tomorrow (assuming I can drag my carcass out of bed early enough on my day off!).

- Chris
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:58 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

You go, boy. It's not so interesting as a mountain, but if you can hit all four, it's a nice summer jaunt. The trails up top are flat and level. Bring your running shoes and see what it's like to do a mile at 14k.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 11:19 pm

PapaBanucciAlma to Reopen Access!

PapaBanucci