Mount Elmer Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Josh Behunin

Josh Behunin - Sep 19, 2023 7:25 am Date Climbed: Sep 15, 2023

From Green Canyon  Sucess!

Came up from Green Canyon, and the route was pretty straightforward. As a trail runner, I found the first 2 miles to the wilderness boundary to be an amazing trail. It's a super soft and windy single track. The route gets more steeper as you go up.

LazyJSkwires

LazyJSkwires - Jun 10, 2018 5:58 pm Date Climbed: Jun 10, 2018

Cold  Sucess!

It was unseasonably cold today, had to layer up. Came from Dry canyon, got shanghaied into descending down into the last basin because of some snow blocking the trail on a much too steep section.

David Mortensen

David Mortensen - Jun 30, 2017 5:06 pm Date Climbed: Jun 30, 2017

Elmer  Sucess!

First, we mountain biked Upper Green Canyon to the wilderness boundary. Then we hiked from there. At the top of Green Canyon there was a lot of snow so we could not follow the trail. We made it to the summit after some nasty, steep off-trail climbing (it was our only choice to avoid some steep snowfields that looked dangerous). It was very green with lots of wildflowers just starting to come out. Randy B. was my hiking buddy. It was a great day.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Apr 26, 2017 8:10 pm Date Climbed: Oct 14, 2007

Elmer  Sucess!

I hiked Elmer with Jardine and traversed the ridge between the two peaks. There were some late fall colors still left in Green Canyon. I took a short cut back down and ended up covered in burs so best to stick to the standard route.

BKiser90

BKiser90 - Apr 25, 2017 2:30 am Date Climbed: Aug 10, 2015

Tony Grove to Birch Canyon Mapping Weeds  Sucess!

Mapped invasive weeds on the trails from Tony Grove to the bottom of Birch Canyon. Beautiful day minus the epic thunderstorm that hit us below Mount Elmer. Lightning all over the place! Great views from the ridge and from the summit of Elmer. Unfortunately I was still recuperating from mono and so I didn't have the energy to scramble across to Jardine. Saw a huge bull moose in Birch Canyon! And longhorns.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mount Elmer' main page