Mount Fable Comments

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Dow,

I like the info., love the photos, like the fact that you included multiple guidebooks...but I'm wondering if this should or should not be a route page on a moutain page (don't misinterpret this as another pointless discussion of what makes a moutain worthy of a mountain page....I'm trying to understand your reasoning for posting what looks like a route as a mountain page)? Maybe I'm way off base here, but just curious...

Also, you got rid of some of the standard sections of a mountain page (like Camping). I guess camping might not be a relevant bit on a technical traverse route...but that sort of brings me to the question above. I think you might want to keep all those sections and either comment that it's not relevant or provide some options. My $.02.

Cheers.

Radek
Posted May 20, 2005 1:12 pm

Dow WilliamsUntitled Comment

Dow Williams

Thanks for the feedback Radek, good points. I will rename the mountain page. I added the route I did. There are 3 formal routes on Fable Mountain, one including Gap Peak. This does make it a little confusing. Fable is a Rocky Mountain, not a route.

Regarding camping, I took out the camping section and covered it in the Red Tape Section because there is no immediate camping available. The pages appear to be cluttered to me if we leave sections that are not relevant (as much as I do like the layout). I did provide info regarding the closest camp ground, but did not want to lead anyone to thinking they should camp for this outing. I also provided a link to campground information.

Again, thanks for your support. You are right about the name.
Posted May 20, 2005 1:38 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

I agree with Radek here.

Posted May 20, 2005 1:42 pm

Dow WilliamsUntitled Comment

Dow Williams

Thanks Klenke. He was right, so I changed the name, here is my reply to Radek.

Again, thanks for your support. You are right about the name.
Posted May 20, 2005 1:50 pm

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Thanks for adding this peak. I was going to but felt unworthy. Good addition great page.
Posted May 20, 2005 2:28 pm

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

Another great Canadian Rockies page!

Sean
Posted May 20, 2005 3:53 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Looks great without getting to 11,000 ft.!
Posted May 20, 2005 4:46 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Wonderful page!

-Britt
Posted May 21, 2005 9:07 am

miztflipUntitled Comment

miztflip

Great looking peak. Good job.

Chris