Mount Powell Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 32 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Awesome work, Aaron. I love the Gore Range. Compared to some of the terrain nearby, this area is lush. I have great memories of fishing Piney Lake with my dad. They rent boats there and you can catch rainbows & browns in the 11-14" range all day long.

Do you know when the road to Piney Lake opens?

Also, have you seen Theron Welch's awesome Gore Range page? I'd add the link, but I'll leave it up to you to decide exactly which page(s) to link.

-Morgan
Posted Apr 23, 2003 9:28 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Morgan-thanks for the kind words and vote. As you can see, my illustrious associate Mr. Theron Welch paid the Mount Powell page a visit. So in answer to your question-a resounding YES. I'm thrilled to have him here at SP. Seems more pages I make, the more you reminisce about Colorado. Once you "escape," it's safe to say Colorado figures prominently in your future. Hopefully the other half will agree!
Posted Apr 24, 2003 5:26 pm

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

Nice one! I was checking out the Gore Range from Vail a few weeks back and it was all I could do to keep from skiing into trees and Texans with my eyes riveted to those peaks and ridges up there. Now I can check it out from the relative safety of home. I thank you. The trees thank you. And, presumably, the Texans thank you.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 12:40 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Jim-I believe you would just love the Gores. One thing's for sure-you won't find any Texans there. If you get into the Gores, let me know what you think.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 5:22 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Another interesting place that I must visit. At this rate, I will run out of years before I run out of mountains.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 5:16 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Allan-how true. I'm finding I must use my time wisely when chosing my mountains. I'm sure this is why Peak C is now near the top of your list. Tell Jackie that she WILL LIKE IT once she gets there. I am finally running out of mountains from past experiences that are worth submitting. I've suggested that Theron submit Peak C, but if he doesn't, I certainly will. But until I've got more worth submitting, the rest of you can take up the slack. Thanks for your vote on Mount Powell.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 5:21 pm

Fred SpickerUntitled Comment

Fred Spicker

Very thorough as usual.

Posted Apr 24, 2003 5:20 am

cruzitUntitled Comment

cruzit

Great page...please don't give Alan any more ideas:)
Posted Apr 24, 2003 5:55 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Peak C has that quality that calls to certain climbers. I'm surprised it has not shown up on SP until now, other than it is an obscure peak. Folks at SP will certainly be inspired by it's appearance. As for giving Allan ideas-well gee-it's a GRREAT IDEA! YEAH BABY! (Austin Power's gnarly toothed grin here). Thanks for your vote!
Posted Apr 24, 2003 5:17 pm

AndyUntitled Comment

Andy

Another nice one. The Gore Range is another area on the top of my list to see.

I'm with Fred--when do we get a C page? :)
Posted Apr 24, 2003 7:45 am

OznidUntitled Comment

Oznid

Good job on this web page, Aaron. Great descriptive and fun-to-read text. Awesome photos too. My favorite is the one of the Spider; it's really captured well.

-Theron
Posted Apr 24, 2003 8:19 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Theron-my thanks to you for stopping by. Your work on the Gores is a grand inspiration for mountain lovers everywhere, and particularly for me! My thanks to you for taking time to discuss my proposed route up Peak C. I'll let you know how it goes.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 5:05 pm

Steven CrossUntitled Comment

Steven Cross

I have read about this mountain but have never seen any good pictures of it. After reading your write up of it I am now highly interested in it. Yet another mountain and range on my wish list.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 8:45 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Steven-thanks for the vote. I think you will like the Gores. They are right up your alley and they are not far from Denver.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 4:53 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

You put together great pages, Aaron.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 1:04 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Brian-thanks for stopping by and the kind words. I need to get by your pages, now that I'm running out of mountains to submit.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 4:51 pm

GrantUntitled Comment

Grant

Great page.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 1:40 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Thanks, Grant.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 4:50 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

The perfect intro to our elusive Gores. I have feeling that the letter "C" has some deep spiritual meaning to you. You dream about "C", don't you? Who can blame you, what an incredible looking mountain. I hope and prey you get "C" this summer. Therons links are perfect. CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

It's callin your name.
Posted Apr 25, 2003 6:39 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Thanks, Kane. You really do understand...
Posted Apr 25, 2003 4:07 pm