Mount Sanitas Trailhead

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 40.02080°N / 105.2963°W
Additional Information County: Boulder
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5515 ft / 1681 m

Trailhead Overview

The Mount Sanitas Trailhead serves the trails of Mount Sanitas and the trails on the north side of Red Rocks/Settler's Park. The Mount Sanitas Trail is extremely popular, and this trailhead is often full. People come here at all hours of the day (and night) to walk their dog, hike, run, boulder, and socialize.

Driving Directions

From Canyon and Broadway, in Boulder:

Drive, ride, walk, or roll north on Broadway 5 blocks to Mapleton. Turn left (west) and climb steeply up Mapleton. Follow Mapleton for 6 blocks (about 0.6 miles) to the intersection of Mapleton and 4th. Start looking for parking here in case the lot is full. Continue past the hospital about 0.3 miles and you'll find a small trailhead on the right. There is only parking for about 8 cars here. There is also a bike rack to lock your bike.

There is overflow parking a couple hundred yards up Sunshine Canyon, on the left, and all along Mapleton, east of the trailhead.

The RTD bus #201 will get you within a couple blocks of the trailhead, near 4th and Mapleton.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mount SanitasTrailheads