Caesar's Head Comments

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
desainme

desainme - Jul 26, 2004 8:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good to keep working on the South Carolina Mtns.

Devils Kitchen is cool as are your pix in gereral.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jul 26, 2004 8:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks.



I missed out on getting a long shot of Caesar's Head. (Amazing peak, too. Will have to go back and get a good photo of that.) The weather was hazy on the way up, so I decided to wait to get a shot later in the day, closer to sunset. But then the clouds moved in and it poured rain and then I could get no shot at all. Alas.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 27, 2004 2:15 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice colourful page!

Diggler

Diggler - Jul 27, 2004 11:59 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks like a beautiful area. Selfish assholes like the developer you mention need to be overcome to preserve such places. How does one get there from other places (N Carolina, etc.?)

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jul 27, 2004 4:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I talked to the rangers at the state park. They were very, very upset over the turn of events. A large corporation had held the land and had given the state easement for hikers (they had the land in case they wanted to position a radio/microwave tower there). This corporation decided they didn't need another tower and, without public notice, sold the land to a developer (same guy who owns the developments that already choke the park) and he won't allow access to hikers.



Don't know how to get to Caesar's Head from NC side. Just look to see where you can access 276, which goes over the peak. 276 runs right in to I-85 in Greenville, SC. Or you could take 11 North from I-26 and then turn onto 276.



BobSmith

BobSmith - Jul 27, 2004 4:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!

tlogan

tlogan - Jul 27, 2004 7:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page Bob... looks like a cool place.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jul 28, 2004 6:47 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks. I'm hoping to get back in the Fall and do some hiking in the adjacent Mountain Bridge Wilderness. (And get a long shot photo of Caesar's Head.)

rpc

rpc - Jul 28, 2004 2:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page as usual!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jul 28, 2004 4:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate for better photographs. The clouds were really thick and low hanging. That's why the sky looks like slate.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jul 29, 2004 12:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I hate to say it, but it just isn't that clear what exactly is the best route, and how long it is, due to the talk about private land. Also, I guess you faced a bad weather day, so you couldn't get a shot from a distance. Still, there is good data. I think, perhaps, you could specify more the best (open to the public trail) and talk a little more about that. What kind of views there are, landmarks (like the bald rock in the photos, 4 miles from the summit), and data that is more clear. Describe the trail and what you will encounter on the trail to the summit. Then it will be a good page.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Aug 4, 2004 6:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!

SawtoothSean

SawtoothSean - Jan 13, 2006 12:28 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting area- nice page . Thanks for the look. I'm not sure why SPers rate photos with people in them low.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jan 13, 2006 9:33 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!



I reckon it's because most SPers can see a person anytime. They want to see what the mountain looks like. Especially one that they may not get to for a long time, or may never see.



I like a lot of the photos with people in them. It can give some perspective.

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Return to 'Caesar's Head' main page