Skyline Slabs Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Scott

Scott - May 9, 2005 12:32 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hmm....Mountain lions, rattlesnakes, ticks, and poison oak. The only thing missing is scorpions.

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - May 9, 2005 8:49 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nicely done!

-Britt

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - May 25, 2005 1:11 am - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

This is a good start for an area that's pretty convenient for Bay Area folks--but a start is all it is. IMO, a page like this needs route information to be useful to people. Let me know when you add some routes, and I'll up the vote.

villajm9 - Jul 31, 2011 3:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Private Property

Hey all, I did the hill up from the waterfall up to the slabs to find out a couple of things: One, the description of the approach in "Rock Climbing the San Francisco Bay Area" by Tresa Black was very accurate. However, the trail up the hill doesn't end within sight of the first house on the ridge, it ends up in its BACK YARD, immediately under its back patio! Also, it seems the slabs are on a 35-acre parcel of private property. Literally, you could toss a stone from their back patio and hit the slabs. There is no way you could climb there and NOT be up in the homeowner's face. The climb up from the waterfall is hazardous as there are basically only goat trails to follow. I would have LOVED to climb this area, but it's so not cool that I suggest you give this one up altogether unless you get to know the property owners and get their OK to use their property.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Skyline Slabs' main page