Mt. Morgan Cliffs Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.80370°N / 71.5663°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble, Tricky Ladder Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

VIA MOUNT MORGAN TRAILHEAD: From I-93 get of Exit 24 and head east through the town of Ashland. Stay on the road and take 26 east to Holderness. At about 2 miles you will at the town center of Holderness. Make a left onto Route 113 and head roughly 10 minute on the road. there will be parking 5 miles on your left. The Mount Morgan trail will be there in the parking area. The Mount Percival trail will start on the 0.3 miles down the road on the left. This trailhead will be filled on the weekend so get prepared to park on street.

This option will be roughly 1.9 miles on your left.

Route Description


Mount Morgan would clearly be not the same unless to try this cliffs option. If the ladder climb doesn't give you another of a thrill then the cave and additional scrambling clearly will. Watch from the tricky right manuver from the left to the right ladder.

Warning: Do not use this route in winter as a descending route and use caution on this route especially in winter. It is a very fun small section to ascend, however it can be very dangerous to descend.

the little cave

Essential Gear

Same as all the other trails route to Mt. Morgan and Percival. Just use great caution with this route in winter.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.