Music Pass Trailhead

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 37.92713°N / 105.48518°W
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 10450 ft / 3185 m

Overview

This trailhead provides access to Music Pass and the Sand Creek valley, including the two large alpine lakes, Upper Sand Creek Lake and Lower Sand Creek Lake. A great many peaks can be climbed from this trailhead, including Cleveland Peak, Tijeras Peak, Music Mountain, Milwaukee Peak, Marble Mountain, and Blueberry Peak.

Driving Directions

Drive to the town of Westcliffe in the Wet Mountain Valley. Drive south on SH-69 for 4.6 miles where the road begins to bend to the west. Turn west on Custer County Road 119, also known as Colfax Lane, and head south for 6 miles to a T intersection. To this point, the drive is the same as going to the South Colony Lakes Trailhead. However, rather than turning right at the T as for South Colony, turn left onto County Road 120. After a short jog, the road makes a hard right and is once again CR-119. Take this road for 5 miles, entering the San Isabel National Forest, to the 2WD parking for Music Pass. This unmarked trailhead is where the Rainbow Trail intersects the road, and limited parking is available. With a 4WD vehicle, you can continue for 2.5 rough miles, which includes driving over some odd rock ribs, to the Music Pass Trailhead, where there is a good amount of parking space.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pico AisladoTrailheads
 
Tijeras PeakTrailheads
 
Milwaukee PeakTrailheads
 
Music MountainTrailheads
 
Marble MountainTrailheads