My Mont Blanc experience

My Mont Blanc experience

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Ice Climbing
It was between jun 28th and jul 1st 2010.
Amazing mountains the alps, I'll miss that for sure...

Route: Goûter.

Special thanks to two friends from SP for the info:

Boris Krielen

ArankaP


Cheers!


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Marty32

Marty32 - Jul 14, 2010 8:48 am - Voted 10/10

great weather

Hi, nice pics. I was on the same route with a friend between same days. I summited on the 1st July. What great weather we had that week. Was my 1st time in the Alps and i sure did pick the right week :) Cant wait to get back and do some other routes.

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jul 14, 2010 8:56 am - Hasn't voted

Hello

Marty!

We sure did pick the best week ever!
Lucky us he he he
It was also my first time at the Apls, and probably not the last, but i really don't know when i'll be able to be there again...Have to find myself a job first ahahahhah
Maybe we saw each other at the mountain, i sleeped at Goûter refugie at the night 30 - 1st jul, then i started going down around 10am!
Cheers!

Marty32

Marty32 - Jul 14, 2010 2:33 pm - Voted 10/10

HI :)

Im sure we will have seen each other and probably shared a table at some point hehe!
We did not book a place at Goûter refuge but they let us sleep on the benches in the restaurant which was fine as we had bivvy gear anyway. That was on the 30th. My friend did not do too well with the altitude and wasnt feeling too good the following morning. We set off for the summit following the long trail of lights but it was clear my friend was suffering the effects of altitude sickness. He pressed on to the Dome du Goûter where he made the right decision to turn back while he was still able. We was 2 hours behind my schedule but i was feeling strong enough and the weather was good enough for me to carry on for the summit alone.
We spent another night at Goûter refuge (we got beds this time) and set off back down around 9am.
A great time and no doubt i'll be going again next year to try and get my friend to the summit. :-)
Hope I get the same weather again hehehe!!

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jul 14, 2010 6:25 pm - Hasn't voted

probably

we did!
I was alone but i meet a french couple and we went together for the summit.
You guys sleep at the benches and i at the dorm!
My report is half online at the website (check my profile), i write for the biggest brazilian website about mountaineering. Next part in about 5 days.
One problem, is in portuguese, but you can use the google translator he he
Hey, i saw a group of maybe three guys (english by the accent) using a guide, they got too tired and stoped at Dome de Gouter, they got to Tete Rousse right after me!

Marty32

Marty32 - Jul 15, 2010 4:29 am - Voted 10/10

we did!

Well i think we did :)

We was on the Dome at same time as the group you saw. I think they was part of a larger group that was splitting into 2 groups when we got on the Dome. One of them was an Irish lad who was trying to give encouraging words to my friend on the way up to the Dome. About 3 of them turned back with their guide. The others went on. I think we passed one another while you was coming down the slope from the Vallot (you 3 look familiar) I was heading up to the Vallot alone. I will do a summit report and add some pictures :)

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jul 15, 2010 7:06 am - Hasn't voted

great!

Yeah, i think we did!
The Irish guy was about 45 years old, white, blod with short and pointy hair ahahahah
He was pissed off to be in such bad shape ahahahahahh
And the guide was north american, i'm sure about that. My english's not very good but I can tell the difference between aussie, american and english people.
He keep saying "bloddy hell, i'm exhausted, finished!"
ahahahahah

I'll wait for your trip report!

EricChu

EricChu - Jul 15, 2010 7:42 am - Voted 10/10

Super!!!

What an album - and what a fantastic time it must have been for you! Congratulations, Paulo!!
Cheers,
Eric

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jul 15, 2010 8:34 am - Hasn't voted

Thank you

Eric!
It was perfect, and better, i manage to find myself new friends!
Perfect weather, more friends, good photos...
What more can i ask for? he he he

EricChu

EricChu - Jul 15, 2010 9:33 am - Voted 10/10

That's fantastic!

That's how it should be! :-)

eza

eza - Jul 15, 2010 10:17 am - Voted 10/10

Great pictures!

Congratulations for your Mont Blanc summit, I made it 5 years ago and memories are still unforgettable. Your pictures helped to bring them back, thank you

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jul 15, 2010 10:19 am - Hasn't voted

wow

Really nice to read your message!
Thank you!!!

Flávio Varricchio

Flávio Varricchio - Jul 21, 2010 4:51 pm - Voted 10/10

grande experiência de vida

muito legal paulo,é uma grande experiência de vida conhecer lugares como esse que povoaram nosso imaginário durante tanto tempo e que um dia se tornam realidade.
são experiências como essa que fazem parte da alma de todo montanhista,pessoas que tem como filosofia de vida,sempre acreditar nos sonhos,e é essa fé,esse querer, que vem do fundo do coração,que faz as coisas acontecerem.
sempre em frente e que venham novos cumes!

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jul 22, 2010 7:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: grande experiência de vida

Putz cara animal seu comentário, disse tudo!
Abração

Viewing: 1-13 of 13