Mynydd Moel

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 52.69000°N / 3.9°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike/Walk
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Same approach as the Minnfordd Path.

Route Description


Start the same as the Minnfordd Path but after you come out of the Woods,you go through a gate,walk arond 60ft up the path and cross the The stream down on your Right,the Nant Cadair,follow the path uptoward a style over a wall on the horizon,here bear left following the wall/fence line up a very steep path,quite strenuous,the path has had alot of work done to it in the last year but is still loose in places.follow the path up over another style and bear right toward the summit of Mynydd Moel which is to the East of the summit of Cadair Idris,from here to the summit of Cadair is a pleasant hike along the main ridge.

Essential Gear


Waterproofs,food,and possibly some gaiters for the Stream crossing depending on wahat time of year.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.