Nanga Parbat (Raikot face) - Pakistan

Nanga Parbat (Raikot face) - Pakistan

Page Type Page Type: Album

Nanga Parbat is the ninth highest mountain in the world and second highest peaks of Pakistan. The Sanskrit word parvata means “mountain rocks” and nanga means “bare”. It is located in Diamir and Astor is a part of Himalayan Range of Gilgit-Baltistan Pakistan.

An immense, dramatic peak rising far above its surrounding terrain, Nanga Parbat also notoriously difficult climb. It has three vast faces. The Raikot face is dominated by the north and south silver crags and silver plateau. The Diamir face is rocky in the beginning. It converts itself into ice fields around the higher end of the peak. The Rupal face is the highest precipice in the world.

Nanga Parbat has tremendous vertical relief over local terrain in all directions. To the south, Nanga Parbat boasts what is often referred to as the highest mountain face in the world: the Rupal Face rises 4,600 m (15,090 ft) above its base. To the north, the complex, somewhat more gently sloped Raikot Flank rises 7,000 m (22,966 ft) from the Indus River valley to the summit in just 25 km (16 mi), one of the 10 greatest elevation gains in so short a Height on Earth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.