NE - Normal way

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.51350°N / 11.73750°E
Additional Information Route Type: Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: III+
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Demetz hut, in 10 min just behind the hut.

Route Description


- Take a "chimney" and reach a small balcony (25m III)
- Go up taking the right, then a little on the left until you reach a small niche (20 m. III)
- go up slightly on the left until you find the piton (30 m III)
- few meters on your left take a small chimney until you reach the "palm of the hand" (25 m III-)
- go up on the palm aiming at SE ridge onf the Pollice (140 m I , II , III-)
- After the ridge traverse until you reach the "forcella del Pollice ( 25 m III-)
- go up on the steep face NE of the "Indice", go up until you reach a step with a piton (20 m, III)
- go up a little on your left until you reach a balcony with a piton (20 m III)
- go up (exposed) until you reach a step with a piton (20 m III)
- Traverse left until you reach the East ridge of the Indice (25 m III-)
- Go slightly to the left until you reach a niche with a commemorative plate, then go up until you reach the "forcella dell'indice - 2964 meters. (35m III-)
- go on a ledge on your right until you reach the "window" (20 m. III)
- now you are on the North face, go up to the top (25 m II)

Essential Gear


Normal climbing equipment (e.g. rope, helmet, some slings, some friends/nuts, descender and so on)
Hammer/pitons are not needed, but I suggest to bring them in case of an emergency (for me hammer/pitons are part of the normal climbing equipment!!!!)

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.