NE ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.73000°N / 8.68000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the post office in Bristen, follow the yellow marker to the steep path to Bristenstäfeli. The good and marked path continues to Blackialp and Bristenhüttli.

Bristenhüttli can also be reached from Meitschligen (in the Reuss valley, above Amsteg). There's a good path until Bristenberg (1391 m), but from here to Langlaui (1854 m) the path is very poor and hardly visible in some places.

Route Description


In direction south, traverse a field of rubble, which leads to a small path. A big painted arrow marks the place where you head left for the ridge, reached near P. 2374. (This place can also be reached on a steep path from east, from Etzliboden). The following ridge has a path or at least traces, thus avoiding some rocky parts in the flank. Where the path ceases, cairns mark the route to choose. There is hardly any real climbing on this ridge.

If there's still snow left on the N flank, it makes sense to leave the ridge as soon as possible on the descent, thus enjoying a run on the snowfields.

Essential Gear


Hiking gear and sufficient water.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

BristenRoutes