New classical route from Lois

New classical route from Lois

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.59370°N / 5.0325°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log



Approach


This route starts on the lovely village of Lois (1238 m). It is possible as well starting from Liegos (1140 m). There is a trail between these two villages that we are going to take.
Some Km along this trail we´ll find a fence (on the right hand, out of our trail. There is a gate.



Route Description


Crossing the gate we´ll find another trail through the forest.
Taking the trail we´ll go up quickly getting good views of the high mountains arround.

In our way there is a very big tree, (this kind of trees in Spanish are called Tejos, holly tree for Celtic people).
There is an arrow show the way to the peak Yordas. Go to the left. In some minutes you´ll get a col called Collado Bahulloso at 1650 m. Continue going up. On your left you´ll discover the Yordas summit, not very far. Just some minutes later you´ll get the top.



Essential Gear


On winter it´s possible to find a lot of snow, so gaiters, crampons and an ice-axe would be essential. A pole, snow-shoes could be great as well, the trip will take some hours so this stuff can help you a lot to progress trough the snow.

Take some litres of water with you on summer.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

YordasRoutes