Nonou Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 22.06420°N / 159.3546°W
Additional Information Route Type: Walk-up
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1 (2 if muddy)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the directions under "Getting There" section on the main page.

Route Description

From the trailhead, follow the nicely switch-backed trail for approximately a mile (there are distance markers at 0.25 mile intervals) and 800 feet of elevation gain to a set of picnic tables. Note that shortly before the picnic tables a trail will join in from the right (bear left). This is an access trail from one of two alternative trailheads. Pick up a somewhat faint trail past the small meadow with the picnic tables and continue for another 0.1 mile to the top. The summit itself is marked with a (dated?) concrete block and is slightly overgrown. A better spot for enjoying the views is actually just below the summit atop a rock horn (see photos).

Essential Gear

Sandals would do just fine though hiking boots are nice to protect your toes from the roots etc. on the trail. Area is warm and steamy - bring some water.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.