Nordlicher Polleskogel Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
rgg

rgg - Jul 13, 2012 11:48 am Date Climbed: Jun 30, 2012

Great weather .. fortunately!  Sucess!

Reading and hearing about the Mainzer Höhenweg, I reckoned that it might not be a good idea to do that solo. Perhaps next year, because at the Rüsselsheimerhütte, I heard that the roule will be improved by then. As it stands now, crossing the glaciers solo isn't a problem, but the short via ferrata sections that make some of the difficult parts easy end up 6m above the glacier, thanks to global warming.

So, I decided to take the longer but easier way from the Rüsselsheimerhütte to the Braunschweigerhütte: over the Weissmaurachjoch down into the Pollestal, then hike up along the Pollesbach. Further south, I decided to follow the last section of the (old) Mainzer Höhenweg, so, from the Pollestal I worked my way up to the Nörliche Pollesjoch.

Getting up the Nordliche Polleskogel from there was eay, but I passed on its higher southern twin. Thanks to some deep snow, which hid the route markers, an already long day got a bit longer still, and I finally arrived at the hut by 9 o'clock.

EricChu

EricChu - Oct 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Mainzer Höhenweg, August 1988  Sucess!

Did it in excellent weather on the way to Wassertalkogel from the Braunschweig hut.

Lodewijk

Lodewijk - Oct 21, 2010 11:05 am Date Climbed: Aug 25, 2010

Easy but beautiful  Sucess!

Easy 3000er with amazing views! Climbed it together with sudlicher Polleskogel from the Glacier Street. Warm up for Wildspitze the next day.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Nordlicher Polleskogel' main page