Normal approach

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.70000°N / 13.81000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Climbing UIAA III/II
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up and climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


A normal route on Rusica starts in village Gozd Martuljek from where you drive through Gozd Martuljek. Somewhere in the middle of Gozd Martuljek you turn left on the macadam road over fields. Soon you come in the forest and you drive car by a nice macadam route to the altitude around 1000m where you park.


Route Description


Then you follow a marked macadam road for bivouac under Spik. On the firsr crossing you turn right and start walking on a nice cart track. When the cart track ends you follow nice route which is marked with rocky signpost. In about 2 hours you come to the ridge on altitude around 1700m. You follow a route which leads on the main ridge of Rusica and Rigljica. Soon you start climbing and you must climb some places around UIAA III and IV. You must find the easiest passage. From start of climbing you come to the summit of Rigljica in about 2-3 hours. From Rigljica you can climb to summit of Rusica in about one hour over airy ridge of UIAA II.


Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes and whole climbing equipment.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

RusicaRoutes